February 9, 2014

Blue and Black


For this outfit I used McCalls 5105 for the top and Vogue 8138 for the slacks. I was unable to find these patterns on the website so I posted pictures of the pattern. 


Materials used:
  • Navy Blue Double Knit 
  • Black Faux Leather
  • Non-Roll elastic 

For the top I made view C with the following alterations:
  • added 3 1/2 inches to the length of the bodice 
  • Removed 6 inches from the sleeve hemline and added faux leather
I chose this McCall's pattern for the top because of the variety of necklines and sleeve options that are available. I wanted a simple v-neck tunic style top that was a quick and easy sew and this pattern was a perfect choice. I chose the slacks from this Vogue pattern because it looked like a good fit on the model 
and I was hoping for the same results




Both patterns are simple and easy to construct. The pants are pull-ons with an elastic waist and I was able to construct them straight out of the envelope with no adjustments. The pants length, the crotch length and the ease in leg/thigh areas was a perfect fit. 



For the sleeves I removed 6 inches from the hem and added faux leather. I really enjoyed working with these patterns to create this outfit. I will possibly make this again for the spring in a lightweight fabric. 





6 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

You look awesome in these pictures! I know that you said you were having challenges but seriously not only does the outfit look great but you look beautiful. Keep on doing this!!!

Faye Lewis said...

That's a nice outfit Opal.

Sheila said...

Lovely outfit and like the faux leather detail.

Joyce in NC said...

Great looking outfit!!

Andrea said...

This outfit is very flattering on you. You look beautiful. I like your mix of color and texture on this one. Great job.

alethia said...

Classic, modern, chic and absolutely beautiful.